Little Lambs meets fortnightly on a Wednesday (during term-time from 1pm – 2.45pm at Back Free Church Hall and is run on a voluntary basis.
Little Lambs is open to little ones from birth to pre-school and the adult responsible for looking after them.
We also welcome mums-to-be, so it’s bumps to pre-school!
Toddler groups are often a lifeline to parents as they provide support, encouragement and friendship, as well as a safe place for pre-schoolers to make new friends and learn how to interact with others.
Our vision for Little Lambs is for it to be a welcoming, fun, engaging and enjoyable experience for all those who come along. We want everyone to enjoy being together!
Little Lambs is run by Back Free Church which is part of the Christian denomination of the Free Church of Scotland. As we are a Christian Church there will be a Christian theme to certain activities we do, but we aim to be sensitive and respectful of different beliefs and cultures.
1.00pm Doors open
Toys, games and play areas will be set up and a quieter area for babies.
2.10pm Playtime Tidy Up
Play area tidy up by the whole group.
2.15pm Refreshment time
Drinks and a snack are available and served at a designated area.
2.30pm Circle time
We all gather together for a short time of singing and finish with our Goodbye Song.
2.45pm End of Session
See you next session!
- You can leave your pram/ buggy in the designated buggy park inside the church hall. Coat hooks are available also.
- Upon arrival we ask that you sign the register on the table and also help our refreshment team by indicating if you would like tea or coffee at refreshment time.
- We ask for £1 per adult, therefore generally £1 per family by way of donation. If you feel unable to pay for whatever reason do not worry at all.
- Parents, Grandparents and Childminders are responsible for the child(ren) in their care at all times during the session.
- Refreshments, toys, crafts and nursery songs/bible songs will be available at each session. Please sit with your child during the singing time and encourage them to join in. If you want to lead a song or two, just let us know! We are keen this is a true group activity.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available inside the church complex, if you forget something during a session please just ask.
- If your child(ren) develop any infectious illnesses such as vomiting, diarrhoea or chicken pox, it would be best if you speak to your health visitor or GP as to when it would be best to return to Little Lambs so as to reduce infection to others, especially babies and pregnant women.
- In the unlikely event of a fire, fire alarms will sound and the volunteer team will direct you to the fire exits and to the appropriate fire assembly point.
A first aid box is located in the hall and an accident book. In the event of an accident, volunteer leaders will advise of the group first aider.
- Relax, have fun and get to know each other!
Follow Little Lambs on Facebook
If you need to you can private message a member of the volunteer team.
“He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.”